Technical Manager/Process Manager
Job title: Technical Manager/Process Manager
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: Excellent salary plus benefits including car allowance, pension and private medical
Location: North West
HQ Number: KA02479
Date Posted: 20/05/2019
Are you an experienced Process Manager/Technical Manager looking for your next opportunity? We are looking for a Process Manager/Technical Manager to join our client based in the North West on a permanent. Our client is a leading manufacturer of chemicals with sites across the UK and globe.
The main purpose of the Process Manager/Technical will be to liaise with the Business and Operational units to identify and define project and process engineering requirements and to organise the successful delivery of projects to meet business needs globally across the business groups.
- Identify and implement capital projects within company group that will expand output, improve efficiency, and make products more consistently while reducing amount of capital. Being responsible for the whole project cycle from Scoping, FEED, Sanctioning, Detailed design, installation, commissioning, and optimisation.
- Develop and maintain a centre of expertise in the company for the relevant manufacturing technology, and acquire a fundamental understanding of key processes.
- Maintain an appropriate awareness of projects / issues at all relevant manufacturing units and external developments, to actively ensure project delivery on time and in budget.
- Identify areas where there are shared goals / synergies and exploit through co-ordination of capital and engineering resources.
- Maintain close contacts with the business and functional units to identify:
- Project and process engineering requirements taking into consideration production, marketing and product development needs and including any activities carried out off-site.
- optimum resource allocation on the Warrington site to meet specific objectives arising from the agreed project portfolio.
- future resource needs.
- Ensure that projects follow the recommended Portfolio and Project Management systems to deliver the desired output in a timely, cost effective manner and in compliance with relevant company standards.
- Monitor and control group fixed cost budget to ensure effective cost control within agreed budgets.
- Provide technical support to businesses, production, maintenance, projects, marketing, and product development in areas of manufacturing technology.
Skills and experience
- BSc in Chemical Engineering or in a technical discipline
- 7 – 10 years relevant manufacturing experience, and ideally 3-5 years’ experience within a chemical manufacturing business.
- Proven project manager experience, capable of running multiple small project (20 – 200k GBP) simultaneously, with a strong process background and the ability to manage a portfolio of capital projects globally.
- The capability to progress to engineering director in the next 5-8 years.
- Passion for people development and building talent in teams, as the job holder will be expected to mentor and coach graduate process engineers.
- Commercial and financial awareness, with experience evaluating investment strategies and developing business cases for investments.
- Able to build relationships and establish a reputation as an expert in their field.
- Able to communicate on all levels, a accumulate and interpret technical and operational data / information. Good interpersonal skills and technical problem-solving skills are essential for the jobholder.
Pay and benefits
Excellent basic salary (50,000 – £70,000) plus benefits including car allowance, pension and private medical
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.