Systems and Control Engineer
We’re looking for a Systems and Control Engineer to join our Burnley-based client on a fixed-term contract-basis. Our client is a specialist design and installation company
Role: Systems and Control Engineer
Position Type: Contract/Fixed Term
Salary: Negotiable (hourly rate)
Industry: Oil & Gas
Date Posted: 12/04/2019
- Designing, developing, programming, and testing of control systems (primarily Siemens S7 and Portal)
- Implementation of autonomous solutions to legacy equipment.
- Working alongside Electrical and Mechanical Engineers on control system design including panel and equipment wiring design.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant role or time served apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of 2D Electrical Design software, AutoCAD 2D. Solidworks Electrical is desirable
- Engineering based Degree or equivalent (HNC, HND), 2:2 or above
- Conversant with IEC 61131-3
- Familiarity with Siemens PLC software advantageous
- An understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, & hydraulic systems and how they interact with electrical systems
Pay and benefits
- Our client is offering a negotiable hourly rate depending on your experience – call for information.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.