We’re looking for a Structural Surveyor to join our South Manchester-based client on a permanent-basis.
Role: Structural Surveyor
Position Type: Permanent
Location: South Manchester
Industry: Building Structures
Date posted: 24/01/2019
Due to a steady increase in workload, we are seeking an experienced, high-caliber Structural Surveyor to join a client of ours in their head office in South Manchester.
The role will require someone who has a thorough understanding of how the structure and fabric of buildings are put together and the associated risks.
- The preparation and presentation of reports containing reasoned argument and clearly justified conclusions
- The design and specification of carefully considered remedial solutions and their development into comprehensive tender and contract documentation
- Proactive contract administration and project management
- Inspection and assessment of domestic properties including commercial, industrial and historic buildings
- Arranging and undertaking investigations using general contractors and other specialists
- Work on various forms of contracts and preparation of contract documents, either with or without the assistance of a QS.
- Identify and rationalise alternative remedial work solutions
Skills and experience
- Experience in a wide range of structural and building defects
- Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering or Building Surveying
- Experience in inspection and assessment of a variety of buildings including commercial, industrial and historic buildings
- Willingness to travel to site (nationwide)
- A pro-active approach to contract administration and project management
- Market awareness and business development acumen would be of benefit but is not considered essential.
Pay and benefits
- Salary is negotiable depending on your experience.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.