We’re looking for a Shift Manager on a permanent basis. The client is a global chemical manufacturing business working in the chemical, healthcare, personal care and oil & gas sectors.
Role: Shift Manager
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Date posted: 03/05/2019
- To manage a team of process operators across a range of process activities from large scale drying facilities to packing and warehousing activities.
- Required to safely deliver the required production volumes on a day to day basis, in line with business needs
- Act as incident controller during any site emergency, the shift manager is considered the Duty Manager in line with the local Site Instruction.
- Maintain standards and disciplines within the process team and ensure each member of the team makes a full contribution.
- Maintain production targets and plant availability by being involved in fault finding and coordinating out of hours maintenance activities to ensure plant downtime is minimised.
- Planning of production, overhaul/task events
Skills and experience
- HNC/HND Chemical operations and NVQ L4 in Supervisory Management (Exceptional candidates without these qualifications maybe considered if they have significant relevant experience)
- 5 to 10 years continuous process knowledge with supervisory experience in a manufacturing / chemical environment.
- SHE awareness and proven experience in actively managing health, safety and environmental issues in the work place
- Able to plan and prioritise independently
- IT Skills (SAP, Lotus Notes, Databases, Spreadsheets, SCADA and DCS plant controls)
- Mechanical engineering experience would be an advantage to help with fault diagnosis
- Communication – Including presentation skills
Pay and benefits
- Our client is offering a competitive salary depending on your experience
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.