Senior Structural Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Manchester-based client on a permanent-basis. Our client is looking to expand their multi-disciplinary Civil and Structural team.
Role: Senior Structural Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 DOE
Industry: Residential/Building Structures
Date Posted: 15/03/2010
Reporting to the Directors, you will be involved in a range of tasks including;
- All aspects of structural design from concept through to project completion
- Assisting the Project Director with resource allocation and workload planning
- Developing/communicating the design to CAD Technicians
- Supervising Junior Engineers
- Preparing designs in accordance with Eurocodes taking into account current CDM legislation
- Independent management of small projects
Skills and experience
- Honour’s degree or above in civil or structural engineering
- Chartered or near Chartered
- Proficient in the application of Eurocodes
- Proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office, experience in 3-D analysis using Tekla or CSC Building Designer is essential
- Experience of low-medium rise buildings (1-10 storeys) in both steel and reinforced concrete
- Experience of different foundation forms and review of ground investigation reports
- Able to represent the client at Design Team meetings
- Knowledge of NBS
- Experience of structural inspections and condition surveys – Desirable
- Knowledge of timber and load bearing masonry design – Desirable
- Knowledge of building conservation/historic structures an advantage – Desirable
Pay and benefits
Salary on offer is circa. £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.