Senior Planning Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Planner to join our Northwest based client on a permanent basis. Our client is a multi-national engineering firm who require project controls support in the Northwest & Midlands for rail/highways related projects. As a Senior Project Planner you will develop robust delivery schedules with critical path and clear milestones at appropriate levels in line with client requirements. You will develop fully resourced programmes and maintain on a monthly basis – being in control of change both anticipated and actual within the programme – and will support the growth of the Project Controls team by ensuring collaborative working in the team and delivering work to the correct standards expected of this role and seniority.
Role: Senior Planner
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: Up to £63,000 per annum
Location: Manchester and/or Birmingham
Date posted: 18/11/2019
- Needed – Someone who can sit client-side and come up with a robust strategic schedule.
- Programme and Project Scheduling, skill set must include:
- Work as part of a project management and planning team to build a best practice project control capability
- Improve project performance
- Monitor and control project schedule in line with the works instruction & contract requirements
- Resource schedules & employ earned value practices
- A self-motivated person to support the needs of the project team ensure that the reporting relating to the project performance always reflects the most up to date status
- Provide work plans for completion with each discipline – including Look-Ahead views
- Baselines – report on variance and challenge visible trends with relevant teams
- Facilitate weekly project update meetings to challenge performance and further progress, update forecast to complete hours and implement changes derived from assessments made
- Identify true critical path (analysis), and provide suitable mitigation measures to the appropriate lead
- Support the change control process and implement baseline change requests
- Continually improve and streamline the planning process
- Maintain a consistent process and evaluate benefits of reporting
- Produce Schedule Narratives
- Time Risk Allowance, Float, Dependency Management
- Breakdown Structures (WBS), development of activity durations and logic, application of PERT techniques and network diagrams.
- Software Skills – able to use leading industry standard software and tools such as Primavera P6, ASTA Power Project, Microsoft Project and interfacing the with Microsoft Excel.
- Business Development – Internal networking to develop new business and bid support to respond to external Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of how (and when) to deliver high quality programmes that will withstand scrutiny.
- The ability to work efficiently and swiftly in the development of programmes.
- Awareness of Collaboration techniques to improve the quality and delivery time of the programme development.
- Good working knowledge of NEC3 contracts or similar.
- Significant experience with Primavera software (P6) and MS Excel with knowledge of MS Project and ASTA.
- Specific industry and project experience – Oil & Gas, Energy, Light Rail, Rail, Nuclear, Water, Highways, Civils, Tunnelling or similar transferable.
- Able to work in a Client office.
Pay and benefits
£63,000 per annum pus benefits (to be agreed).
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK