Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer to join one of our Cheshire-based clients on a permanent-basis. Our client is an engineering consultancy who specialise in the Nuclear and Oil and Gas industry. They deliver guidance to help and maintain world-class operations while protecting personnel, assets and the environment.
Role: Senior Mechanical Stress Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Industry: Oil & Gas/ Nuclear
Date Posted: 12/04/2019
- Performing a variety of professional-level mechanical engineering tasks including site visits, analysis, calculations and report preparation.
- You will act independently as the Engineer/Consultant responsible for smaller projects and also be responsible for portions of larger, more complex projects.
Skills and experience
- Experienced Stress Engineer with knowledge of design
- Detailed knowledge of design codes e.g. mechanical handling, cranes and pressure vessels
- Nuclear related experience would be advantageous
- Finite element analysis using ANSYS or ABAQUS
Pay and benefits
- Our client is offering a negotiable salary of around £40,000 per annum, depending on your experience.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK