Senior Mechanical Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a background in design and engineering for manufacturing for a project on a contract basis in South Manchester.
Role: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Type of position: Permanent staff
Location: South Manchester
Industry: Design / Engineering
What is required in this role?
- Mechanical Engineering discipline direction for all design and engineering work.
- Be the lead engineer involved in the delivery of projects.
- Ensure the highest standards of health & safety and client satisfaction are maintained.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the design and construction is completed and approved in accordance with the time, cost and quality.
- Interface with other disciplines involved in the delivery of the project together with cost control, progress reporting and quality assurance.
- Covering all aspects of mechanical scope including machinery, vessels and packages including preparation of technical specifications, review of quotations, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, site surveys and estimates.
- Ensure that all mechanical engineering works are undertaken in accordance with the conditions and requirements of the contract.
- Previous experience working on concept, front end design and EPC phases of projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Significant engineering experience on large and small design & construction projects.
- Self-starter with capability and confidence to work to high levels of detail.
- Experienced in leading teams of engineers and designers.
- Excellent presentation / communication skills, fully capable of interacting with clients and partners.
Pay and benefits
Competitive salary & benefits
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.