We’re looking for Project Engineer to join our Cheshire-based client on a Contract-basis.
Role: Project Engineer
Type of position: 6 Month Contract
Industry: Oil & Gas / Manufacturing
Date posted: 18/06/2019
- To manage Industrial Filtration system projects in their entirety with full budget control.
- To maintain daily project planning & documentation submission to key customer projects.
- To ensure that all projects programs are closely monitored and any delays addressed quickly to prevent late delivery.
- To monitor tight delivery programs and take a hands-on approach to problem solving and removing obstacles to contractual performance.
- To manage the commercial performance of all allocated projects ensuring that KPI profitability targets are met or exceeded.
- To manage stage payments and all commercial issues relating to allocated projects.
- To communicate via weekly reports to the Engineering Manager regarding progress and potential issues for all subcontract manufacturing activities.
- To manage other subcontract activities such as non-destructive testing, painting and other specialist activities.
- To run Factory Acceptance Testing at the subcontractors, managing the organization and progress to a successful conclusion with minimized snagging requirements.
- To liaise closely with FGL group subcontract facility in the Netherlands, developing close working relationships, making necessary visits as required.
- To consider all commercial aspects carefully when making decisions that affect build quality, integrity of the system and delivery performance.
- To fully review and assess subcontractor capabilities to ensure FGL high standards of engineering and manufacture are maintained at all times.
- To support and advise subcontractor suppliers on pressure vessel design codes and standard manufacturing practices.
- To review and manage all documentation requirements for industries including Oil & Gas, power, food and chemical ensuring documentation deadlines and deliverables are achieved
Skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical or chemical engineering
- Oil & Gas industry experience is essential to this position
- Extensive pressure vessel design and manufacturing experience
- Industrial filtration experience
Pay and benefits
- Clear documented communication skills
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Responsive and a keen sense of urgency
- Excellent telephone manner, verbal and written communication
- Commercial awareness
- A meticulous attention to detail, planning & cost control.
- Ability to cope with many and varied situations
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy project engineering environment
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.