Project Engineer M & E
We’re looking for a Project Engineer to join our Wirral based client on a contract-basis. Our client is an outsourcing Facilities supplier working in the pharmaceutical/ bioscience industries. They are part of a much larger international group who provide a variety of project engineering and facilities support to industry. Our client is looking for an experienced M&E orientated Project Engineer to join an existing team on site.
Role: Project Engineer M & E
Type of position: Contract
Salary: £30-35/ hr Ltd
Industry: Pharmaceutical, Medical, Bioscience
Date posted: 12/04/2019
- Gather detailed understanding of all of the existing site infrastructure and services.
- Attend and chair meetings with all parties and provide reports and minutes.
- Site investigation for existing services including reviewing all existing documentation and site surveys to provide detailed packages of information to consultants.
- Review consultant’s designs and scopes and provide critique to information provided.
- Ensure compliance with client’s design standards and tender documentation.
- Provide critique on tender documentation and have the ability to cost manage and provide value engineered solutions.
- Installation quality reviews with contractors and ability to critique all M&E installations to ensure compliance.
- Understanding of commissioning reports and engineering requirements
- Provide input in to O&M documentation requirements and compile hand over packages of information working with contractors and consultants.
- Compile documentation for hand over to VIGS maintenance team
- Be prepared to manage multiple projects at varying stages of the project life cycle.
- Understanding or experience in GMP type environment including stability chambers, laboratories and clean rooms is an advantage.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar project engineering support role.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical building services.
- Experience of working in a Pharmaceutical or similar environment.
- Awareness of regulatory controls within the Pharmaceutical or similar environment
- Ability to operate AutoCAD software is an advantage
- Knowledge of operating basic software packages such as MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work requirements including CDM roles and responsibilities, risk assessments and method statements. Health and Safety qualification would be an advantage.
Pay and benefits
- Our client is offering a rate circa £30-35/ hr Ltd depending on your experience – call to discuss.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK