Project Engineer E&I
We’re looking for an experienced Project Engineer with an electrical and instrument background to join our Lancashire based client on a permanent basis. Our client is a £100M turnover company based in the North West of England. They are an engineering contractor with full EPC capabilities and an excellent reputation and history. This is a good ongoing career opportunity.
Role: Project Engineer /Estimator E&I
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Lancashire / Merseyside
Industry: Engineering Contractor
Date posted: 27/11/19
Carry out site visits, collation of information and preparation of estimates in a logical and precise manner.
Directly manage specified projects to deliver efficient and effective execution of client requirements and responsible for company Commercial, Quality and H&S aspects of each project.
- To carry out the initial technical and contractual review of the tender enquiry.
- To produce detailed take-offs in a structured format, so they can be easily reviewed prior to tender submission and to assist in the financial control of the contract should the tender be successful.
- To liaise with internal divisions/departments to obtain relevant quotations and information for tender.
- Good time-management and communication is essential to ensure that tender deadlines are achieved. The position requires excellent organisational skills and flexibility as quite often you will need to work to considerable time pressures.
- Manage the effective delivery of specified projects to time and cost targets by personal leadership and through direct reports and other members of the team.
- Maintain compliance with SHE and quality standards on all relevant project activities by personal leadership and through direct reports.
- Contribute to the effective utilisation of resources by appropriate liaison with the office Contracts Manager.
- Contribute to the improvement of profitable performance by seeking and applying appropriate innovative ‘ways of working’ and technical solutions.
- The capability to produce and interpret project commercial information to facilitate the production CVR’s for all areas of each contract.
- Attendance at all internal Engineers/Supervisors meetings including all team briefs and team building meetings events.
- To participate in personal development and performance monitoring reviews.
Skills and experience
Time Served Apprenticeship and Supplementary Technical Qualifications, JIB/CSCS Skills Cards and H&S Qualifications, (IOSH, ECS, CCNSG, etc)
Basic academic qualifications (e.g. NVQ Level 4/5)
- Knowledge of current health and safety and employment legislation.
- Familiarity with QA systems and compliance.
- Understanding of design, construction and commissioning programmes – in conjunction with the capability to demonstrate site productivity ratios – and bring about improvement where required.
- Commercial awareness
- Technical knowledge of construction ‘best practice’ in the principal discipline of control/electrical site work.
- Awareness of project management ‘best practice’.
- Good people management skills and knowledge of performance management processes for leadership, coaching and development of staff.
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with clients and other contracting organisations.
- Ability to communicate with and lead project teams consisting of members of different divisions within the company.
- Possess a good understanding of financial performance of contracts.
Pay and benefits
Negotiable but includes car or allowance (£420/month) + pension + healthcare insurance.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK