We’re looking for a Production Supervisor with a background in design and engineering for a manufacturing company on a permanent staff basis in Merseyside
Role: Production Supervisor
Position Type: Permanent Staff
Hours: Full Time
Date Posted: 13 September 2019
What does the job involve?
- Ensure production targets are achieved.
- Prioritise manufacturing activities ensuring work is completed to the required quality, cost and time standards.
- Organise workflow and resource and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Maintain product quality by establishing and enforcing company standards.
- Train, mentor and assess competency of team.
- Monitor employee performance and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Prepare work order documentation and record material transactions for the same
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques to increase efficiency of operations
- Investigate non-conformances to identify root causes. Implement corrective and preventative actions
- Identify, lead and implement improvements and innovations that increase efficiency and quality
What skills and experience do you need?
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position within a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ previous experience within a chemicals production environment.
- Manufacturing Operations NVQ Level II or equivalent.
- ILM level 3 Leadership and management or equivalent.
- Lean six sigma green belt certification.
- IOSH managing safely
What are the pay and benefits?
- Competitive salary & benefits
What to do next…
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.