We’re looking for a Process Technologist to join our Cheshire-based client on a contract-basis. Our client is a large blue-chip manufacturer within the chemicals sector.
Role: Process Technologist
Type of position: Contract – 6 months
Date posted: 10/10/2019
- Continuously improve the assigned production processes -slurry/tower and post dosing – and act as custodian for any plant changes that are needed for the implementation of innovation by working closely together with Operations and Projects.
- Work together with other RVS sites’ process technologist to level experience and knowledge, adaptation of best practice.
- Development and delivery of a local process improvement plan designed to deliver process, quality, or cost benefits.
- Monitor process capability and identify improvement need in the agreed frequency. Manage post-dosing quality assurance system.
- Act as process advisor to the designated areas of the site, including trouble shooting and adoption / setting of best practice.
- Contributing or managing projects to improve factory operation cost.
- Cost saving effect could be up to £1million per annum.
- Control site processes – base powder process and post dosing operation.
- Responsible to define the changeover process related activity across the process as well as define the rework process for the out of spec materials.
- Co-operate with Quality and R&D to keep up to date the changeover and flush matrix.
Skills and experience
- Significant experience managing manufacturing process improvement and changes.
- Technical and leadership experience to operate effectively in a World Class Manufacturing site; able build and motivate a large team, as well as coach it to success.
- Process safety knowledge regarding chemicals and technical changes.
- Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification.
- Spray drying, granulation experience.
- Practical and creative mindset.
Pay and benefits
- Competitive contract rate
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.