We are looking to recruit a Process Engineer to join our client based in Cheshire on a permanent basis. Our client is a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals with sites across the UK, Europe and the US.
Job title: Process Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: Excellent salary plus benefits including pension, private medical cover, etc.
Sector: Speciality Chemical
Date Posted: 21/10/2019
What’s the job?
- Ensure high standards relating to Health, Safety and the Environment are maintained at all times and considered during any proposed process improvement. Attend and participate in Hazop reviews as required.
- Undertaking Process Engineering responsibilities for speciality chemicals part of the business.
- Monitor process performance, so that issues are quickly identified and corrected to maintain process stability, using tools such as Aspen Process Explorer to aid troubleshooting.
- Monitor and support the local management of change procedure to ensure effective control and approval of process changes, before they take place.
- Design and develop new processes/products and make improvements to existing processes/products to meet the project objectives and to ensure the necessary HSE and engineering standards are met, including:
- Equipment design and process specification
- Equipment selection
- Process economics
- Commission, train operators and hand over to Production
- Issue technical reports / process & equipment specifications so that information is readily available for internal use.
- Identify and evaluate improvement opportunities within the plant area for inclusion in the project selection and prioritisation process.
- Provide technical / process troubleshooting to eliminate manufacturing problems.
- Work closely with people from different functions such as; Project Engineering, Quality, R&D, Operations and engage with external contacts such as equipment suppliers, toll manufacturers, professional services.
- Learn and understand the process equipment for multiple plant units with the aim of becoming the local expert for key process technologies/equipment.
What experience do you need?
- Equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering or similar.
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team, interacting with different functions, relating to a wide range of personnel.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience within chemical engineering role with a wide range of experience in the Chemical Industry.
Excellent basic salary plus benefits including pension, medical cover etc.
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, don’t delay in applying today!
Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.