Multiskilled Field Service Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: £35K + car + benefits
Location: Runcorn area
Date posted: 11/11/19
Our client is a specialist engineering company that provides tailor-made preventative maintenance programmes engineered around their customers’ needs and requirements and cover the following activities:
- LEL System Calibration and Testing
- LEV System Measurement and Testing
- Central Duct Inspection and Servicing
- Thermal Oxidiser Servicing. (RTO’s, After burners)
- Wet Scrubber and Bio Filtration System Servicing
- Burner Inspection, Testing and Servicing
- Stack Emissions Testing (MCERTS)
- Thermal Oil Sampling and Testing
- Personal Exposure Monitoring and Testing
Due to continued growth within their service section and a healthy forward order book, we are looking for a dynamic multi skilled engineer to join their service team as a Maintenance Field Service Engineer.
Carrying out maintenance and calibration service visits, covering thermal oil heaters, central duct work systems, thermal oxidisers, bio filtration plants, scrubber systems, solvent safety monitoring systems.
- Carrying out maintenance and calibration service visits, covering solvent monitoring instruments, Infra-red, Catalytic, Flame Ionisers, temperature and pressure sensors, air movement fans.
- Test, repair and carry out remedial actions upon, central duct work systems, bio filtration plants, scrubber systems and solvent monitoring systems.
- Carry out electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and PLC fault finding.
- Provide advice and technical support to customers.
- Provide detailed site visit reports, as per the company standards.
- Work closely with the operations team, to ensure that all our customers, get the best service possible.
- Work closely with the sales team, to ensure replacement parts specifications and scope of remedial works, are clear and understood, to enable the sales team to provide the necessary quotation for the respective works.
- Cover the UK and Ireland, working away from home on a regular basis, with some European travel required.
- Potential for installation of new equipment and process if required by the business.
Skills and experience
- Self–motivated, independent working and willingness to travel.
- Service maintenance background with Mechanical, Electrical or Process disciplines.
- Stack emissions testing would be an advantage MCERTs ( but not essential training provided)
- Ability to carry out LEV testing / air flow measurements.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Appropriate qualifications required.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Presentable appearance.
Pay and benefits
- 5 hour week, additional hours are required
- Planned training scheme
- A career in a niche market, with future progression
- Company vehicle (Ford Focus Est type), mobile phone and laptop.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 5 years continuous employment.
- Pension scheme
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK