DATS is recruiting for a Microbiologist to join a pharmaceutical company based in, Northwest.
Role: Microbiologist (QC)
Position Type: Contract
Salary: £11-16 PAYE / hr
Location: North Wales
Date Posted: 19/07/19
What does the job involve?
- Performance and reporting of microbiology testing on all raw materials, intermediates and finished products following customer, company and regulatory/industry requirements TOC, pH, conductivity
- Support the environmental monitoring and product testing requirements for bulk product manufacturing, including collection and processing of environmental monitoring samples and data analysis
- Performance of routine tasks and other none routine activities required in support of quality control laboratory functions.
- Ensure all testing performed is reported within the most efficient timeframe.
- Laboratory maintenance- housekeeping, self-inspections and stock control – support the re-order systems and communication with key suppliers.
- Data trending and performance of quality investigations
- Documentation of laboratory results in accordance with cGMP and company procedures.
- Ensure that all laboratory activities are in compliance with all Health & Safety Guidelines, with particular reference to COSHH and Biological Safety Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
What skills and experience do you need?
- HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant biological / microbiological subject area.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a microbiology testing laboratory and experience of working in a regulated environment, pharmaceutical or medical laboratory in a related role to cGMP or within alternative quality system (UKAS/ISO 9001) such as Contract testing laboratory.
- Essential technical knowledge in microbiology and microbiological techniques
- Good understanding and application of cGMP and regulatory requirements including USP, PhEur, Orange guide and Current ICH guidelines applicable to the role.
What are the pay and benefits?
Estimated rate £11-15 / hr PAYE
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.