Mechanical Project Engineer
We’re looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer with a background in chemicals / petrochemicals manufacturing to join our client on a permanent staff basis.
Our client is a large manufacturer within the chemical manufacturing sector.
Role: Mechanical Project Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Date Posted: 17/05/2019
What is required in this role?
- Undertake Mechanical Project Engineering responsibilities for a range of projects within a live manufacturing plant.
- Responsible for the detailed design project control including overseeing pipework and supports, equipment layouts, overall plant layouts and site safety systems.
- Development of capital project estimate for Mechanical, Civil and Structural aspects.
- Project co-ordination involving subcontractor and vendor liaison.
- Preparation of Construction Scope of Work, Risk Assessment, specification and subcontract scope.
- Procurement activities including vendor evaluation and SAP.
- Project close out and Handover.
Expenience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a Mechanical Project Engineering role within a process plant environment.
- ONC/HNC qualified in Mechanical Engineering.
- Health and Safety focussed.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong administration skills especially with SAP will be an advantage
Pay and benefits
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.