Mechanical Piping Engineer
We’re looking for a Mechanical Piping Engineer to join our Warrington-based client on a permanent–basis. Our client is a multi-disciplinary design engineering company working in various sectors.
Role: Mechanical Piping Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Date posted: 09/04/2019
To support the Engineering and Design Department through the delivery of engineering services, design and design management of mechanical pipework and associated installations in a number of sectors including Water, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and Manufacturing.
- Lead the mechanical design team and other mechanical service related designs i.e. Structural / Steel Work designs
- Develop preliminary Scope of Works into detailed engineering and design proposals including man-hour forecasts.
- Review and assess tender documentation for completeness and compliance, identifying risk ensuring it is handled efficiently
- Manage the effective delivery of projects
- Prepare or review and approve contract documentation
- Provision of concept, developed and detailed design deliverables for all mechanical pipework installations (Including 3D Model, piping isometrics, general arrangement drawings, bill of materials, design risk register, steelwork support details, valve/equipment schedules, specifications etc.)
- Be a leader in performance improvement by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative technical solutions;
- Work closely with HR to ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Identify and implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
Skills and experience
- Have a technical and engineering background and have industry related experience from a delivery, quality, cost and operational perspective
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject
- Strong experience in UK construction projects
- Strong understanding of design process and associated documentation;
- Project lifecycle experience
- Strong experience using AutoCAD, CADWorx and other Computer Aided Design tools;
- Knowledge of quality assurance, accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of HR management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
Pay and benefits
- Our client is offering a negotiable salary depending on your experience – call to discuss.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.