Mechanical Maintenance Engineer/Fitter
We’re looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer/Fitter to join one of our Merseyside-based clients on a contract-basis. Our client is a large chemicals manufacturing company.
Role: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer/Fitter
Position Type: Contract
- One of the main responsibilities the contractor will be doing is fabricating a compressor house and installing the associated pipework for the new compressor
- Helping to maintain and repair all manufacturing plant and equipment.
- To install various items of manufacturing equipment.
- Attending breakdowns and resolving them in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintaining manufacturing machines and understand PPM Techniques
- Carry out Reactive and Preventative maintenance
- Assisting with breakdown repairs
- Maintaining auxiliary equipment and general site repairs
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules
- Annual Mechanical Overhauls
- Carrying out risk assessment when applicable
- Working within the permit to work system
Skills and experience
- Time Served apprenticeship within engineering industry
- Solid skill set, basic workshop and fitting skills
- Welding Skills
- Electrical (desirable)
- Working on boilers (desirable)
- Working to H&S and COSHH regulations
Pay and benefits
- Salary on offer is negotiable depending on your experience.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.