Mechanical Engineering Manager
DATS is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineering Manager with strong background within the manufacturing or technology sector to join our client based in Cheshire, Northwest on a permanent basis.
Role: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £55,000 – £65,000
Date Posted: 04/07/2018
What does the job involve?
The employment business is an extremely well-established organisation with an exceptional track record in its field. The scope of work centres around the management of mechanical engineering projects from inception to delivery. You will be the ‘go-to’ authority for mechanical engineering strategy and have ultimate responsibility for the co-ordination and sign off of major projects.
What skills and experience do you need?
- You will be a Degree-educated Chartered Mechanical Engineer with extensive industry experience in manufacturing/technology environments;
- A proven track record of project management and team management (overseeing a technical team made up of Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Designers and Draughtspeople including sub-contractors);
- A background in design engineering and/or Research & Development is desirable;
- Experience acting as Design Authority is essential; you will have responsibility for all mechanical engineering activity in the department;
- You will have superb interpersonal and communication skills and experience in the co-ordination of complex projects from inception to delivery.
What are the pay and benefits?
£55,000 – £65,000
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK