Mechanical Design Engineer
DATS is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a Food Machinery Supplier based in Stockport.
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 DOE
Date Posted: 04/10/19
What does the job involve?
- Use specialised software to create models and drawings of products
- Research new materials and methods of development
- Organise and maintain existing engineering records
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team
- Perform testing on engineering prototypes
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Knowledge of SolidWorks PDM (Checking in & out of Vaults)
- Knowledge of bearings & liner slide assemblies.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Understanding of current cutting tool technology
- Design for manufacture skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
What are the pay and benefits?
Competitive Salary and Benefits
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.