Mechanical Design Engineer
DATS is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a specialist design and installation company based in Burnley, Northwest.
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Type: Fixed Term
Rate: £35 – £40 per hour (depending on experience)
Industry: Oil & Gas
Date Posted: 15/07/2019
What does the job involve?
CAD modelling of bespoke equipment from specification to delivery and installation and performing material calculations and FEA/CFD simulations. Production of working drawings for manufacture and assembly of equipment.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Engineering based Degree or equivalent (HNC, HND), 2:2 or above
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant role or time served apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
- Solid Engineering knowledge base
- An understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems
- Good timekeeping skills; ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own and others time efficiently
What are the pay and benefits?
Excellent rate on offer
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.