Mechanical Design Engineer
We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Manchester-based client on a Permanent-basis. Our client is a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Industry: Manufacturing / Petrochemicals
Date posted: 04/06/2019
- Establish good working relationships with other design office personnel, Project Managers, Project Engineers, QA/QC personnel, as well as production staff to ensure efficient operation of design office activities.
- Act as an adviser on matters relating to design.
- Responsible for the production and control of fabrication drawings.
- Ensuring that all drawings are recorded in the drawing register and given the correct file name.
- Acting as a checker of drafting work.
- Assist with the implementation of and maintenance of quality management system procedures in relation to drawing office activities.
- Ensure that all drawings are produced to relevant codes/standards
- Liaise closely with production staff and ensure the production of relevant cutting sketches etc.
- Ensuring that efficient control is maintained over the revision and issue status of all drawings.
- Keeping informed in relation to developments in technology and techniques that may benefit the operation of the design office.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the company and is within the remit of this post.
Compliance with and committed to:
- Quality Policies and Quality Management System Procedures
- Ensuring the arrangements defined in the health, safety and environmental policies and procedures are implemented.
- Reviewing/undertaking risk assessments and ensuring controls are implemented.
- Co-operating with investigation teams to enable thorough investigation to be carried out.
- Undertaking safety inspections to ensure safety arrangements and control measures are complied with.
- Reporting to their Senior Manager on health, safety and environmental performance and advising of any areas where risks are not adequately controlled by the existing health, safety and environmental arrangements.
- Reporting improvements to the health, safety and environmental arrangements or control measures.
- Consulting with Managers and Supervisors on Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Promote improvement suggestions with employees on health, safety and environment matters.
Skills and experience
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD
- Minimum five years draughting experience
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.