Machine Shop Team Leader
We’re looking for Machine Shop Team Leader to join our South Manchester based client on a Permanent basis. Our client is a specialist manufacturer that works within various industries such as Aerospace and Automotive.
Role: Machine Shop Team Leader
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum
Location: South Manchester
Date posted: 30/10/2019
- Ensuring that all team members are developed, guided & supported during the normal operations of a busy machine shop and that business KPIs are achieved
- Operate CNC machines and other workshop equipment
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines and practices are maintained and developed
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Identify and develop manufacturing improvements / procedures
- Supervise team members on a daily basis during the normal operation of the machine shop in line with production planning
Skills and experience
- Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship
- Excellent understanding of engineering practices
- Knowledge of powder metallurgy would be highly desirable
- Knowledge of vertical CNC milling machines and lathes
- Able to work with MRP / ERP systems and understand the limitations / processes of these systems
Pay and benefits
Salary is dependent on experience & excellent benefits on offer
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK