Graduate C & I Engineer
We’re looking for a Graduate C&I Engineer to join one of our Chester-based clients on a permanent-basis. Our client is an innovative technology company who are committed to the safe, competitive and sustainable delivery of company services to their customers.
Role: Graduate C & I Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 – £31,000
Date Posted: 24/12/2018
- The scheme consists of 2 years of structured training across company sites to obtain the robust knowledge of company functions and processes visiting approximately ten different departments.
- The Graduate will be reporting directly to the Control and Electrical Design Manager and will also be appointed a mentor and receive coaching support.
- They will receive assistance in chartered status accreditation upon completion of the programme.
- Their company Graduate Development Programme is accredited with the IET
- The programme will require regular travel to other ETC sites in Europe, at times for a substantial period of time in order to achieve a particular learning objective.
You will learn:
- To understand the role of all key departments in the Company from Commercial to Manufacturing to Engineering, Research and Development and Safety
- Provide a professional and competent customer design support service, including the preparation and verification of design deliverables to meet the customer needs
- Manage and verify sub-contractors design and equipment supply deliverables via design and safety reviews and functional testing
- Assure compliance with appropriate International Standards
- Support site installation, testing and commissioning
- Produce detailed technical specifications and designs
- Design control systems for large scale process plants in a highly regulated environment (nuclear industry)
- Use state of the art design techniques including advanced computer modelling to ensure that designs are optimised with regard to cost and performance
- Work with a multi cultural and multi discipline team with a strong project delivery focus
- Interact with and present yourself to all levels within the organisation from other graduate engineers to senior managers
Skills and experience
- Be in your final year of degree study in an appropriate subject such as Electronic or Control Systems Engineering and be keen to become a Chartered Engineer
- Be expected to achieve 2:1 degree of higher
- As a highly practical approach will be required in the role, a level of work experience or volunteering would be preferred
- A well organised, ambitious and motivated individual with strong team working skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong problem solving capability.
- As our clients’ sites are based globally it is required that the Graduate will be flexible and open to future development opportunities abroad
- IT literacy in a range of software tools is essential
- An ability to speak French, Dutch or German would be advantageous
Pay and benefits
- Starting salary between £25,000 – £31,000 per annum, plus benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, company bonus and 6 monthly salary reviews.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.