Electrical Project Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join our client on a staff basis. Our client is an international manufacturer working in a chemical type industry. The role is based in the Cheshire area and this is an excellent opportunity for career progression.
Role: Electrical Project Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: Up to £50K + benefits
Date posted: 25/10/19
- Reporting to the Project Manager undertake E/I Project Engineering responsibilities for a range of projects within the Site Capital program
- Technical Specification / SOW preparation, review and checking from PES and P&ID
- Development of capital project estimate for EIC elements up to sanction grade =/-10% to include Engineering / Design deliverables, Man hours, Equipment costing, Field material and subcontract costing
- Responsible for the design of LV system project documentation to include:
- EI equipment schedules
- Cable block diagrams
- Schematics & Loops
- Instrument datasheets
- Safety systems
- LV Drives & MCC
- Project co-ordination involving subcontractor and vendor liaison.
- Preparation of Construction Scope of Work including Risk Assessment including specification and subcontract scope preparation.
- Procurement activities including vendor evaluation and SAP
- Site surveying, studies and reports.
- Field engineering, commissioning and support.
- Equipment inspection and testing.
- Project close out and Handover
Skills and experience
- The job holder will have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in an equivalent role of Project Engineer Electrical & Instrumentation
- ONC/HNC qualified in Electrical Engineering or Control & Instrumentation Engineering
- Graduate engineer in electrical engineering with a wide range of experience in Chemical Industry
- Competent using ACAD 2016
- HV System design, maintenance and operation experience
- SAP competent for – Purchasing and Maintenance Management
What to do next
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, don’t delay in applying today!
Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.