We’re looking for an Electrical Designer to join our East Lancashire based client on a staff basis. Our client is a world leader in manufacturing machinery used in the FMCG/Food/Beverage industries. Their machines are exported throughout the world and can have a capital value of over £10M. They are part of a larger Japanese owned group of business with good career progression potential.
Role: Electrical Designer/ Electrical CAD Designer
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: £28-32K + benefits
Industry: Machine Manufacturer
Date posted: 20/11/19
- Plan and organise own daily & weekly workload to ensure delivery of weekly production targets and longer-term strategic business objectives.
- Review and interpret customer specifications to be applied to production machinery orders
- Design and preparation of electrical schematics/safety circuits and supporting manufacturing drawings using EPLAN Electric P8/EPLAN Pro Panel/2D AutoCAD
- Prepare and maintain accurate bills of material with direction from the engineering team
- Co-ordinate with purchasing to ensure correct and on-time delivery of crucial components and assemblies for manufacturing
- Co-ordinate with shop floor manufacturing to ensure drawings are maintained, continually improved and delivered with the machinery error free
- Implement engineering changes accurately within required timescales
New Product Development
- Contribute to new product design, reducing costs and lead times by investigating and implementing new design techniques and manufacturing processes with a focus on utilising tools available from EPLAN Electric P8 and Pro Panel
- Participate and lead continuous improvement activities
- Identify own training needs
Skills and experience
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related discipline – or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5yrs experience in design engineering
- Experience in design of Allen Bradley based control systems, Siemens and Omron also beneficial
- Experience in electrical panel design
- Practical knowledge of machinery directive
- Broad experience of material handling product specification, design and introduction
- Formal design change management process knowledge
- Electrical Safety knowledge
- Proficient ICT skills
Pay and benefits: £28-32000/ annum + benefits
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK