E C & I Engineer
We’re looking for an E C & I Engineer to join our Greater Manchester based client on a contract basis. Our client is a well-established Engineering contractor that supplies into the process industries (Chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical)
Role: E C & I Engineer
Type of position: Contract (3 month – 40 hour week)
Salary: £40-42/ hr Ltd
Location: Greater Manchester
Industry: Engineering Contractor
Date posted: 21/08/2019
Working in a multi-disciplined design team, on 3 major projects across the process industries.
Skills and experience
- Some experience of BS EN 61511 in the above sectors would be useful.
- some involvement in specifying, designing and commissioning Functional Safety systems
- Good working knowledge of instrumentation, control systems and LV electrical design
- Previously worked “on site” with the ability to interface with client to carry out site surveys and studies.
- The ability to prepare detailed design packages including Instrument and actuated valve specifications, BCD’s, Schedules, Loop diagrams is essential
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience of the design, application and installation of mainstream and specialised Instrumentation equipment and LV electrical systems is required
- Experience of PLC control systems would also be beneficial.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal guidance with the ability to identify design issues and provide suitable solutions.
- The role may involve some travel to visit client sites, so an ability to drive company pool cars is required, however the role will mainly be based in our Denton Offices.
- HNC + 10 years experience or Degree with 5 years
Pay and benefits
Negotiable – Pay rate is flexible to attract the right candidate
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.