We’re looking for an E&I Design Engineer to join one of our Cheshire-based clients on a contract-basis.
Role: E&I Design Engineer
Position Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30 per hour (Ltd)
Date Posted: 24/12/2018
Skills and experience
- Qualified in HNC or HND, MIET or TMIET, C&G AutoCAD
- 3 years within the previous 5 years working in a role where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute.
- Minimum 1 year in the last 3 years working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles reliant upon pragmatic engineering judgement and where design was a major part of the role
- Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including recent positions where examples of design output have been successfully manufactured, installed and commissioned.
- Knowledge of relevant design tools and techniques.
- Competent to operate the design process and produce deliverables via AutoCAD and industry standard IT software.
- Current experience of design and detailing (appropriate to discipline) of plant and equipment, including solutions, regulations, standards and operating environment influences
- Experience in the production of calculations utilising Dialux and Amtech.
- Some experience of practical application and can deliver solutions under the direction and guidance of others.
- Some knowledge of the topic with a simple understanding of terminology and concepts. Awareness of laws, regulations, processes, procedures and ISO 61508 /61511and appropriate to the area supported
Pay and benefits
Salary on offer is £30 per hour (Ltd) plus benefits.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.