DATS is recruiting for an experienced Control Systems Engineer for a Team Leader role. You will be based in their Northwest office in Warrington, for this well known UK wide Systems Integrator.
Role: Control Systems Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £45K + benefits
Industry: Engineering contracting
Date Posted: 7/11/19
What does the job involve?
Our client is a leading engineering company specialising in Industrial Control Systems. They are considered to be a friendly company that values an ethical approach to business. They support a collaborative partnership with clients which they believe sets themselves apart from competitors.
In order to be successful in the role of Team Leader, you will be able to demonstrate significant experience of delivering projects through the complete cycle from start to finish.
You will be supporting engineers with their growth and development by direct mentoring. You will be able to show how you have liaised with clients and suppliers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will have the ability to review design and documents for the engineering team as well as being able to carry out site surveys and pre tender discussions with clients.
- Commit to the whole lifecycle of delivering projects, from quoting to completion.
- Be forward thinking to identify when gaps and overloads may exist in the teams work load.
- Lead a team of engineers and, when needed, contractors, sub-contractors and work partners, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks.
- Contract review and negotiation.
- Selection and management of any sub-contractors required for completion of project.
- Identifying and managing any work outside of project scope, ensuring customers’ expectations are clearly set out and met.
- Review future project requirements for resources and identifying training and development opportunities for your team.
- Develop engineers in your team, and manage expectations and progression.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Experience delivering control system, PLC and SCADA type projects communicating directly with clients.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Positive, personable and happy team player.
- Contractual awareness would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
What are the pay and benefits?
£35000 – £45000/annum, Pension, Overtime, Profit Share
Our client enjoys flexible working that allows for a great home/work life balance with paid overtime. They offer 6 monthly profit share and provide ongoing training and development to all their employees.
25 days holiday & Bank Holidays
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
If you feel this opportunity could be a fit for your skills and experience, please reply to this advert and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. Recruitment processes with our Clients usually move quickly and successful applicants will advance to interview stage promptly. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted.
If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK