CNC Miller – Programmer
We’re looking for a CNC Miller – Programmer to join our Southport-based client on a permanent-basis Our client is a toolmaker, who also work as a subcontract shop across a range of industries making items such as Jigs and Fixtures of a small to medium size.
Role: CNC Miller – Programmer
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Date posted: 29/04/2019
The CNC Miller will join our client’s team to program, set and operate their machines. There is a range of machines on site including CNC and Manual/Conventional machines, being able to work flexibly across these would be beneficial.
- Working with CNC Milling machines to produce a wide range of programmes.
- Programming, setting and operating the machines.
- Working with a range of materials including Aluminium, Mild Steel and Stainless Steels.
- Ensuring all products are up to customer expectations.
- Reading engineering drawings.
- Working to tight tolerances.
- Operating multiple machines.
- Using both manual and CNC Machines.
Skills and experience
- Experience programming CNC Milling machines.
- Having experience on CNC Turning or Manual machines would be beneficial though not essential.
- Must be time served.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience working to tight tolerances and engineering drawings.
- Experience working with materials such as aluminium.
- Tool making experience would be preferential.
Pay and benefits
- £12.50 – £13.50 per hour negotiable on experience.
- Great Holiday Scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Early finish of a Friday.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.