We’re looking for a HVAC CAD Technician to join our Manchester-based client on a Permanent basis. Our client is a well-established engineering company that specialise in heating, ventilation and air conditioning solutions from design to installation.
Role: CAD Technician
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 depending on experience
Industry: Building Services
Date posted: 23/07/2019
- Produce high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers and make modifications to existing drawings
- Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols as required.
- Apply knowledge and experience of basic engineering principles to check feasibility of equipment suitability and installation.
- Liaise with contractors, engineers and designers to understand and interpret their design requirements for detailing.
- Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings.
- Present satisfactory working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, manufacture/construction and installation. Produce installation and manufacturing documentation
Skills and experience
- Experience / Knowledge of Building services engineering principles and ability to create and read technical drawings.
- Fully proficient using AutoCAD 2D in industry
- The ability to transfer, display and manipulate your work using Microsoft Office and other programmes
- Teamwork – essential to be able to work in a team as you’ll be liaising with other CAD technicians and engineers on projects.
- Organisation and time management skills to ensure completion of work to project deadlines (particularly as we are install contractor installations are programmed over short periods of time).
Pay and benefits
Excellent salary (depending on experience) and benefits package.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.