Associate Structural Engineer
We’re recruiting for an Associate Structural Engineer for our Manchester-based client on a permanent-basis. Our client is a large, well known business with a presence across the UK who are looking to add an experienced Structural Engineer to lead a variety of projects, along with a team of Engineers, Designers and Technicians.
Role: Associate Structural Engineer
Type of position: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 doe
Industry: Building Structures
Date posted: 28/05/2019
Reporting to the Directors, you will be involved in a range of tasks including;
- All aspects of structural design from concept through to project completion
- Preparing structural design calculations.
- Communicating with Technicians and supervising the production of design drawings.
- Supporting other Engineers in carrying out the project design.
- Carrying out Professional Development and maintaining records in accordance with ICE or IStructE requirements
- Ability to show initiative and drive and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to manage and run projects
Skills and experience
- Honour’s degree or above in civil or structural engineering
- Chartered or near Chartered
- Experience in a variety of Building Structures projects
- Proficient in the application of Eurocodes
- Proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office, experience in 3-D analysis using Tekla or CSC Building Designer is essential
- Ability to lead and run projects
- Able to represent the client at Design Team meetings
- Knowledge of NBS
- Experience of structural inspections and condition surveys – Desirable
- Knowledge of timber and load bearing masonry design – Desirable
- Knowledge of building conservation/historic structures an advantage – Desirable
Pay and benefits
- Our client is offering a salary in the region of £50,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on your experience, plus excellent benefits – call to discuss.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.