We have an exciting opportunity to join an ever-growing client in Lancashire as an Assembly Technician/Assembly fitter who will be responsible for the assembly and mechanical fitting of production equipment on an 18 month contract working on a large, innovative project.
Our client is operating in the oil and gas sector working on large projects globally.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting, global company with opportunities for individuals to travel.
This is a great company who will offer support and help you maximise your skills to meet you career aspirations.
Role: Assembly Technician
Type of position: 18 month fixed term
Date posted: 10/05/2019
- Being hands on with the assembly of products.
- Working with the mechanical fitting and assembly of specialist equipment.
- Refurbishing and maintaining the plant and equipment used.
- Assist and co-ordinate refurbishments.
- Getting involved in the projects from the concept and detail of design through to implementation, testing and handover.
- Maintaining and improving the workshop where possible.
- Working with other personnel to complete tasks.
Skills and experience
- Previous mechanical fitting or assembly experience.
- Solid mechanical knowledge.
- Fabrication or machining experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to understand and work to engineering/technical drawings and design specifications.
- Fault finding.
- Experience servicing and maintaining equipment.
- An understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Pay and benefits
- Negotiable pay – dependant on experience.
- 18 month fixed term contract.
- Free onsite parking.
DATS is an equal opportunities employer that promotes and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.