Mechanical / Piping Design Engineer
DATS is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client that designs and manufactures equipment for Water Treatment plants
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Location: East Lancashire
Date Posted: 30/08/19
What does the job involve?
- Creation of design drawings, construction drawings and parts lists using AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Maintaining and assisting in the management of engineering information, in-line with standard working practice.
- Experience of BOM creation and management in a manufacturing environment.
- Awareness of engineering specifications and managing work in accordance with them.
- Ordering and expediting component delivery under project time constraints.
- Communicating with the customer and other departments on a job by job basis.
- Interpreting the customer’s requirements of the project.
- Support of the customer on technical enquiries.
- Interpreting the customer’s requirements of a project and delivering to budget.
- Provide support to Sales and Service departments as reasonably required.
- Understand the requirements of other departments and the time required to complete certain tasks.
- Completion of product designs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of treatment plant process engineering and offering technical support in this capacity.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Engineering degree or equivalent with industry experience
- Good knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Basic hand calculations and the ability to solve engineering problems
- Aware of drawing protocol and drawing standards
- Experience of project based environments
- Experience of mechanical electrical installations
- Methodical, self-starter with the ability to manage own time and projects
- Proficient in MS Office
- Driving licence
- Be familiar with the waste water industry
- Practical hands on mechanical engineering experience
- Wastewater process engineering experience
What are the pay and benefits?
Competitive Salary and benefits.
Think you’d be a great fit for this role? If you have the skills and experience, please apply via the button above.
Applicants who demonstrate the required experience will be contacted by a consultant to discuss the opportunity in more detail. If successful, you’ll normally move to interview stage quickly and you’ll need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK.